Through the schools payroll portal you can:
- Send and receive the schools absence return (SAR) and the schools variation return (SVR) between the school and our payroll team
- Access the 12 month absence report
- See other useful information
Accessing the payroll portal
Our e-learning guide getting started on the schools payroll portal explains how the system works and will provide you with your unique login details.
You will need your unique login details to access the portal.
Instructions for using the schools payroll portal
Please refer to these work instructions for more information on how to use the system:
- Downloading and saving monthly service returns (PDF)
- Opening and editing monthly returns (PDF)
- Uploading and submitting monthly service returns (PDF)
- Schools payroll forms work instructions (visual) (PDF)
- Schools payroll forms work instructions (PDF)
- SPF Allowance Guidance (PDF)
Policy for the Schools Payroll Portal Deadlines
*to be included on the Headteacher confirmation comms, eLearning and example SAR and SVR comms to bursars and the website
The Schools Payroll Portal is used to transfer and receive the new Schools Absence Return (SAR) and the Schools Variation Return (SVR) files online. Each month there is a deadline for submitting these SAR and SVR files.
Users will be required to return their SAR and SVR files by the deadline published on the Schools Payroll Portal website for that processing month. If the deadline has passed for uploading the SAR and SVR files, the user may still be able to get the files processed for that month via an email attachment to email@example.com, however there is no guarantee that they will be processed in time for that month's payroll.
If you have an exceptional circumstance and believe that you won't be able to return your files on time please contact the My Helpdesk HR on 0208 541 9000 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org and they'll be able to advise you.
- Users to read, understand and abide by the Payroll deadlines published on the Schools Payroll Portal website.
- Users to understand the potential impact of not submitting an SAR & SVR file on time.
- The Surrey County Council Schools Payroll Team to inform users of any changes to the deadline in good notice, so that a user can still publish their files on time.
It is Surrey County Council policy that all users of Schools Payroll Portal understand and comply with the deadlines associated with the process.
If you lose your login details, experience difficulty using the portal or need help please contact My Helpdesk HR:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 020 8541 9000.