Each year the Department of Education (DfE) and Education and Skills Funding Agency publishes a range of information on school budgets, school expenditure, pupil numbers and other characteristics. Schools may find the following links useful. The tables cover all maintained schools in England, however you can filter on Surrey schools only.
- School level expenditure (maintained schools only) - Select the years required, the coverage area and then go to the Workforce and Finance section at the bottom of the page and choose either grouped data or full dataset as required
- School level surplus balances - See local authority and school expenditure, financial year 2019 to 2020
- Schools financial benchmarking site
- School level budgets for mainstream schools (including academies in 2019 to 2020 Note that these tables include formula funding and minimum funding guarantee/ceiling only, not other funding allocated by the local authority. Previous years' data is also available on the DfE site
- Using pupil premium guidance for school leaders includes 2021 to 2022 school level allocations and conditions of grant
- Pupil number and characteristics data from the January school census
- Data collection and statistical returns - Current DfE data collection guides