South west specialist teachers
The SW Specialist Teachers for Inclusive Practice work with schools and families to support the inclusion and achievement of children and young people, particularly the most vulnerable.
Our team has experience in mainstream, special, primary and secondary schools and teachers have worked as Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCOs), Heads of Year, class teachers and senior leaders. The majority of our staff also hold post graduate qualifications in SEN.
We offer advice and training on whole school approaches to inclusive practice and provide assessments and consultations around individual children and young people with learning, communication, social, emotional and behavioural needs.
We know our local schools and their communities well and endeavour to provide a responsive service, tailored to each individual school's needs.
Below are a number of resources we think you will find useful.
If you have any queries, please contact your link teacher, or Jackie Foley, the area lead specialist teacher.
Therapeutic story writing
Whole school approaches
Pupil referral forms
Information to support consultations and referrals
- Communication and interaction checklist (PDF)
- Emotional and behavioural scale (PDF)
- Strengths and difficulties questionnaire (PDF)
- Strengths and difficulties scoring (PDF)
- SNIP behaviour audit (PDF)
- Primary frequency and severity chart (PDF)
- Behaviour tracking timetable (PDF)
- Frequency chart (PDF)
- Fixed interval sampling (PDF)
Challenging behaviour and risk management
- Proactive plan and risk assessment (DOC)
- SCC risk assessment pro forma (PDF)
- Touch and use of RPI final guidance (PDF)
Services for Schools Portal
To view updated news and to buy packages for your school please log on to the Services for Schools website.