Recognising pupils with specific learning difficulties
We encourage schools to put in place support, based on the strengths and difficulties an individual pupil has, given that there are no agreed lists of indicators.
Specific learning difficulties include:
Schools can use the expertise of its special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO) and other teaching staff. Additional support and advice can be sought from the specialist teaching team which can provide:
- training (to individuals, groups and the whole school)
- information sessions for parents
- advice on support strategies and resources/other sources of information available.
Other useful sources of information are:
- our dyslexia policy (PDF)
- the British Dyslexia Association – in particular its dyslexia-friendly schools pack (PDF)
- Dyslexia Action