We encourage schools to put in place support, based on the strengths and difficulties an individual pupil has, given that there are no agreed lists of indicators.
Specific learning difficulties include:
Schools can use the expertise of its special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO) and other teaching staff. Additional support and advice can be sought from the specialist teaching team which can provide:
- training (to individuals, groups and the whole school)
- information sessions for parents
- advice on support strategies and resources/other sources of information available.
Other useful sources of information are:
- our dyslexia policy (PDF)
- the British Dyslexia Association – in particular its dyslexia-friendly schools pack (PDF)
- Dyslexia Action