In order to safeguard children whilst in education all staff, volunteers and governors are expected to comply with the requirements of the current Department for Education guidance, Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 updated July 2021.
There are several safeguarding topics covered in this guidance
- Children missing from education
- Children with family members in prison
- Child sexual exploitation
- Child criminal exploitation
- Domestic abuse
- So-called 'honour-based' abuse
- Preventing radicalisation
- Child on child abuse
- Sexual violence and sexual harassment between children in schools and colleges
Surrey County Council are committed to working to reduce the impact of Domestic Abuse, Substance Misuse and Mental Health Issues on children and young people in our schools and colleges.