Services for children in education with SEND

Educational services provided within the school environment

There's a wide range of support services available, provided by Surrey County Council and Surrey schools. The services listed below, provide specific support to children and young people with SEND.

Teachers and school can also use many of these services to help with the developmental and educational needs of their children.

Please also see our webpage: Special educational needs and disabilities education support and advice for teachers.

If you are looking for our policy statement on Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA), please note that this document is pending review.

Educational services provided outside the school environment

Other help and support available

  • SEND Advice Surrey - formerly Surrey SEND Information, Advice and Support Service, which gives impartial advice on special educational needs and disability.
  • Surrey Local Offer provides information and resources about SEND for young people, families and practitioners.
  • The Family Information Service - can help you find organisations and services that may be able to support your family. FIS also has information about childcare, holiday schemes and activities.
  • Surrey Short Breaks for Disabled Children funds voluntary organisations and SEND schools to provide short break services, including after-school clubs, holiday schemes, home-care and more. For most of these you don't need to be eligible for our social care support to take advantage of them.