Educational support for young people with a physical or sensory disability
We provide support at colleges and universities in Surrey for students with hearing loss or vision impairment. Our physical and sensory support post 16 team includes advisory teachers for sensory impairment (deaf and vision), student support workers and British sign language interpreters.
The support is tailored for each young person's needs and can include:
- one-to-one tutorials from specialist teachers
- specialist in-class support, for example from a sign language interpreter
- assistance on course trips
- awareness sessions for college and university staff
- advice about arrangements for exams.
The physical and sensory support team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your child is applying for university, visit gov.uk for details of the financial help available.