If your child:
- was born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2014 they will be due to start school at either an infant or primary school in September 2018.
- is leaving Year 2 of an infant school in July 2018 you will need to apply for a Year 3 place at a junior school or an all through primary school to start in September 2018.
The closing date for on time applications for primary, infant and junior school was 15 January 2018. You can still apply, but please refer to the late application section.
If your child is already in primary education and needs to change schools outside the normal admissions period (for example, if you are moving house), you should apply for an in-year admission instead.
- Guidance for completing the application form - help for the information that you'll need to provide on the form
- If you change your address after applying - what you need to do if your address changes after you have submitted your application form.
- Late applications - What happens if you apply or change your preferences after the deadline.
- Admission arrangements and outcomes - check schools' admissions criteria and how places were allocated in previous years.
- Getting ready for school booklet - to explain the application process and give you information and tips on how you can help your child prepare for school.