If your child:
- was born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015 they will be due to start school at either an infant or primary school in September 2019.
- is leaving Year 2 of an infant school in July 2019 you will need to apply for a Year 3 place at a junior school or an all through primary school that has a year 3 entry to start in September 2019.
You can apply for a place at a primary, infant or junior school from 29 October 2018.
The closing date for on time applications for primary, infant and junior school is 15 January 2019.
If your child was born after 31 August 2015 you should start considering which schools you want to apply for at the beginning of the school year in which your child turns four. The annual closing date for applications is 15 January.
If your child is already in primary education and needs to change schools outside the normal admissions period (for example, if you are moving house), you should apply for an in-year admission instead.
- Guidance for completing the application form - help for the information that you'll need to provide on the form
- If you change your address after applying - what you need to do if your address changes after you have submitted your application form.
- Late applications - What happens if you apply or change your preferences after the deadline.
- Admission arrangements and outcomes - check schools' admissions criteria and how places were allocated in previous years.
- Getting ready for school booklet - to explain the application process and give you information and tips on how you can help your child prepare for school.