The application form
The application form you need to complete depends on which school you are applying for as some schools manage their own admissions.
- Surrey's school map enables you to search for schools close to your home address and to see the distance you live from each school,
- then visit the schools directory to see which application form you need to complete for specific schools. On each school's page click on the 'Admissions' tab to find a link to the In Year Application form. Alternatively, see our:
We manage in year applications for community and voluntary controlled schools and for some academies and foundation, trust and voluntary aided schools.
For the schools we manage in year applications for please complete application form CMA (PDF).
- On which you can express a preference for up to three schools.
- You must name the schools in the order you prefer them, with your most preferred school first.
- This information is not shared with the schools and will not disadvantage your application.
Completed in year application forms CMA should be returned to the Admissions team, Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road, Woking, Surrey GU22 7QQ.
For other academies and foundation, trust and voluntary aided schools which manage their own in year admissions please complete application form SMA (PDF).
- On which you can only express a preference for one school.
- However you can submit applications for as many of these schools as you wish
Completed in year application forms SMA (for academies and foundation, trust and voluntary aided schools managing their own in year admissions) should be returned directly to each school you are applying to.
Supplementary Information forms
Some schools ask you to complete a supplementary information form available from the school's website or our Surrey schools directory, to provide additional information they may need to be able to apply their admissions criteria.
If you complete a supplementary information form you must also have applied for it on one of your in year application forms. Completion of a supplementary information form alone is not a valid application.
Files available to download
- Primary schools list - In year application forms (248.8 KB)
List of primary schools showing which application form should be used to apply for an in year place.
- Secondary schools list - In year application forms (152.0 KB)
List of secondary schools showing which application form should be used to apply for an in year place.
- In year CMA application form and guidance (620.7 KB)
Application and guidance notes to be used when applying for an in year place at schools using a centrally managed form
- In year SMA application form and guidance (577.6 KB)
Application and guidance notes to be used when applying for an in year place at schools using a school managed form