The attached documents give information on the bidding process for the provision of Young Apprenticeships Cohort 7 for 14-16 year olds in Surrey for the cohort from September 2010 to July 2012.
The commissioning of this programme is being transferred from the LSC and therefore Surrey County Council will lead the process for this cohort, working closely with the LSC.
Surrey County Council would like to build on the Young Apprenticeships programme and for Cohort 7 we would be requesting 160 places for learners in the following sectors:
- Sports Leadership, Coaching and Management - 50 learners (Numbers are provisional)
- Motor Industry - 50 learners (Numbers are provisional)
- Engineering - 20 learners (Numbers are provisional)
- Hairdressing - 20 learners (Numbers are provisional)
- Business and Admin - 20 learners (Numbers are provisional)
Please note all numbers above are provisional and subject to levels of funding allocated by LSC/DCSF.
The mix and balance of sectors and numbers may be changed to meet local needs.