The Waverley Federation was established in September 2004 and was one of 37 pilot federations funded by the DfES. The Federation comprises of four 11-16 secondary schools, a sixth form college and a special school for children with moderate learning difficulties.
- Broadwater School (11-16, Maths and Computing College) (4058)
- Glebelands School (11-16, Science College) (4162)
- Godalming College (Sixth Form College)
- Gosden House School (2-19, Special School) (7003)
- Rodborough (11-16, Technology and Humanities Academy) (4165)
- Woolmer Hill School (11-16) (4067)
The aim of the federation is to work together to provide an improving quality of comprehensive state education and opportunity throughout Waverley for youngsters from the ages of 11 through to 19 years.
The principal objectives are to:
- share good practice
- establish the federation as a teaching training centre
- establish a coherent and continuous 14-19 phase from school through to college
- support and develop para-professional staff in the institutions to improve their skills, career opportunities and job satisfaction
- develop activities and projects which will include Gosden House and help this school become part of rather than outside of secondary education in the area.
The Federation Organisation
The Federation Steering Group comprises the headteachers/principal of the institutes within the federation, the federation director, representatives from 4S and the local education authority, together with the director of the LSC, the Principal of Guildford College and a representative from Connexions. The purpose of the steering group is to be responsible for the management, organisation, and development of the federation.
The Federation Governors Group provides loose governance of the Federation. Designated representatives from each of the Governing Bodies meet on a termly basis to review the development and operation of the Federation.
Mrs George Knights, Waverley Federation Director
Telephone: 01483 411209
Chair of the Waverley Federation Steering Group
Mr David Adelman, Principal, Godalming College
Telephone: 01483 423526