Home education websites for parents of children with SEN

The organisations below can provide advice to parents about home education for children with special educational needs (SEN). Please contact any of the organisations that are relevant to your child's special educational needs.

SEND Advice Surrey

SEND Advice Surrey (formerly SSIASS) can offer advice and support to parents who are considering, or have chosen, to educate their child at home in Surrey. They provide a confidential Helpline for parents and a Parent Partnership Adviser will respond to your call or email within 48 hours.

  • Postal Address: SEND Advice Surrey, Consort House, 5-7 Queensway, Redhill RH1 1YB
  • Confidential Helpline: 01737 737 300
  • Email: SENDAdvice@surreycc.gov.uk
  • Twitter: @SENDadviceSurrey
  • Send Advice Surrey website

HE Special

HE Special offer information and support for parents of children with special educational needs who are home educating or considering doing so.

National Autistic Society (Surrey Branch)

The National Autistic Society (Surrey Branch) provide a wide range of services to parents and carers of children with autism and can offer advice about home educating a child with autism..

Dyspraxia Foundation

The Dyspraxia Foundation provides advice to parents of children with dyspraxia and information about local support groups. They also provide a helpline that includes advice to parents about home education for a child with dyspraxia.

Dyslexia Action

Dyslexia Action is a national charity and the UK's leading provider of services and support for people with dyslexia and literacy difficulties. They offer courses to parents and have a centre in Egham that can provide advice, including about home education for a child with dyslexia.

The British Psychological Society

This British Psychological Society provides a directory of private educational psychologists all of whom are registered with the Health Professionals' Council.

  • Updated: 07 Jul 2015