The Internet is a very valuable tool for research and for information on teaching and learning styles, curricula, worksheets, etc.
Below are pages that list many useful websites that include guidance and resources for parents.
- General information websites about home education
- Organisations that offer help to home educators
- School and national curriculum information for parents educating their child at home
- Home education websites for parents of children with special educational needs
General information websites about home education
The Association of British Correspondence Colleges (ABCC)
Through member colleges, ABCC offer home learning courses in hundreds of different subjects.
Open and Distance Learning Quality Council
ODL QC is the UK guardian of quality in open and distance learning.
Set up originally by government in 1968, we are now independent.
Home Education UK
A huge site with many useful pages and links. Also the home of the home education web ring and UK-Home-Ed mailing list.
- Website: Home Education UK
Assessment and Qualifications Alliance (AQA)
The GCSE exam board with most opportunities for private candidates.