How to withdraw your child from school for home education

We are happy to talk to you if you are considering home education, however, you are not obliged to tell the Local Authority if you decide to home educate. You are only required to write to the headteacher of your child's school, requesting his/her name is removed from the register as you intend to take responsibility for your child's education.

The headteacher will remove your child's name from the admissions register and will notify the Local Authority. If your son or daughter has never attended school, no notification is required.

  • Updated: 10 Dec 2014