First steps to home education
Where do I start?
It may be helpful to ask yourself:
- "Why do I want to home educate?"
- "What do my child and I want to achieve?"
By asking these questions it will become clearer what style of education will best suit you and your child and this will help you to decide what resources you require.
- You will need to withdraw your child from school
- You may find it helpful to talk to other parents who have chosen to educate their child or children at home. One of the most valuable resources for home educators is the experience of those doing the same, so a good starting point is to make contact with other home educators.
- Plan out how you will educate your child. Please see: How to teach your child at home.