Grants and financial support for students

Student Finance England (SFE) are responsible for processing all applications for student loans and grants for higher education courses, including the Disabled Student's Allowance.

All applications for and enquiries about student finance must now be directed to SFE's Customer Support Helpline on 0845 300 50 90.

Correspondence should be sent to Student Finance England, P O Box 210, Darlington, DL1 9HJ.

Further information is also available on SFE's website Student finance and loans.

Surrey County Council is unable to provide additional assistance for higher education courses or to give financial support for further education or post-graduate courses.

Transport assistance for students aged 16 - 19 years old

There are two schemes in Surrey which provide travel assistance for students aged over 16:

  1. Assistance with home to school-college travel for 16-19 year olds
  2. The Student bus and rail fare card scheme

For more information, please see School transport.