Workshops for childcare professionals
Coronavirus: training postponed indefinitely
All face-to-face training is currently on hold until further notice. Please note: e-learning can be accessed in the usual way.
We support staff from Ofsted registered settings in Surrey with training.
Early Years training for Spring and Summer Term 2020
Surrey Children's' Services Academy (SCSA) - Me Learning safeguarding digital learning
SCSA have commissioned a range of safeguarding e learning courses for practitioners, managers, volunteers and foster carers who work with children and families in Surrey. These free courses include the following:
- Child Exploitation Introduction
- Child Sexual Exploitation level 1 and 2
- Gangs and Youth Violence
- Online Safety-Risks to Children
- Bullying and Cybercrime
- Human Trafficking and Modern-Day Slavery
- Domestic Abuse
- Hidden Harm-Parental Substance Misuse, Parental Mental Ill Health, Domestic Abuse
- Safeguarding Children with Disabilities
- Sexual Abuse and Recognising Grooming
- Honour Based Violence and Forced Marriage
- Abuse Related to Beliefs in Witchcraft
Please self-register on the Surrey Children's Services Academy and then complete the various modules as required. For further information or assistance with the Me Learning modules please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Working Together to Safeguard Children (SurreyCC) e-learning
If you need to update your basic safeguarding knowledge or are new to working with children and families in Surrey, the Working Together to Safeguard Children online course covers:
- What is abuse (physical, emotional, sexual abuse and neglect) including child exploitation, honour based violence, radicalisation and extremism, online exploitation and the impact of domestic abuse
- Recognising signs and behaviours which may be related to abuse or neglect
- What to do if you are worried about a child or young person
- Surrey's Effective Family Resilience (Levels of need) and Request for Support process including Children's Single Point of Access (C-Spa) contact details.
- Surrey practitioners and managers via Olive (Surrey's Learning and management system)
- Non SurreyCC staff, partner agencies, voluntary sector and volunteers: You first need to register on the Surrey Skills Academy (SSA) website (top right), request a code and then you will be redirected to the WTSC e-learning on Olive.
Partnership Safeguarding Foundation and Specialist Face to Face Learning Update
All SCSA classroom-based training, advertised on the Surrey Safeguarding Children Partnership (SSCP) website until end of July, has been postponed until we are able to resume direct delivery. However, we hope to offer some virtual training for Foundation Module 1 and 2 soon. Further details about dates and access to these will follow shortly.
All early years safeguarding training is accessed via the Surrey Safeguarding Children Partnership training pages. This includes the e-learning Working Together to Safeguard Children and Early Years Designated Safeguarding Lead - combined new to role and refresher training.
The e-learning Working Together to Safeguard Children can be found on the Surrey Skills Academy (SSA) website. There is a £12.50 charge for this session, so remember to have your debit/credit card handy.
Spring and Summer term Early Years, Early Years SENCO and Childminder Networks
Early Years Network
Managers, Owners, Early Years Teachers - come along and meet your local Early Years Advisors and network with other local early years settings. The Autumn term networks will focus on the new Ofsted Inspection Framework and the progress check at aged two.
An opportunity for childminders to come together to hear updated messages from the sector and to network and support each other. The Autumn term networks will focus on the new Ofsted Inspection Framework and the progress check at aged two.
Early Years SENCO Network
Early Years SENCOs – please come along and meet your local Graduated Response Early Years SEND Team. You will also have the opportunity to network with other SENCOs in your area, and hear from a range of SEND professionals.
Spring and Summer 2020 Early Years/SENCO and Childminder Networks - booking now
Please book your place via our network booking page.
SENCO - new to role training
Information, dates and venues for all SEND training is available to view on the Surrey SEND Local Offer practitioner page, under the 'SEND Surgeries, Networks and Training' tab.