Safeguarding for all
This is a half day workshop for new and existing practitioners (we've merged Working together to safeguard children and Safeguarding refresher to form this new workshop). It's open to early years practitioners, home-based childcarers and playworkers. It aims to give you the opportunity to develop awareness of what to do if you have concerns about the safety and welfare of children and young people.
- recognise abuse and understand the impact of abuse
- understand guidance and law relating to safeguarding children and what has changed
- identify what children and young people want and need to feel safe
- understand what multi-agency working means
- know what individuals need to do about reporting concerns, including in their own work setting
- understand the importance of safe working practice.
Book your place. There is a £15 charge for this workshop, so remember to have your debit/credit card handy.
Designated Safeguarding Lead - combined new to role and refresher training
This one day workshop is aimed at those new to the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) or if you're in need of updating your DSL knowledge on child protection and safeguarding issues.
- the role and responsibilities of the DSL
- policies, procedures and legislation and what has changed
- reporting concerns, whistle blowing and safe working practice
- dealing with allegations against staff and the role of the local authority designated officer (LADO)
- child protection plans and core groups.
DSLs must have attended the Working together to safeguard children (WTSC) workshop and if not already done so must attend the SSCB multi-agency foundation training modules 1 and 2.
Book your place. There is a £25 charge for this workshop, so remember to have your debit/credit card handy.
- This workshop is not open to you if you work in a Local Education Authority school.
- You need to update your DSL training every two years, by attending a Designated Safeguarding Lead workshop.
Summer term training programme update
We will not be running a full training programme in the summer term 2017.
We will continue to support staff from Ofsted registered settings in Surrey with training from autumn. Our training programme will focus on supporting targeted groups of children and young people to help them get the best outcomes.
Please check back here for updates.
Files available to download
- DSL training flow chart February 2016 (110.2 KB)
DCPO training flow chart Autumn 2014
- Safeguarding training flow chart February 2016 (58.5 KB)
Safeguarding training flow chart May 2014
- Learning Agreement (179.5 KB)
This Learning Agreement applies to practitioners going on training run by Surrey Early Years and Childcare Service