While many of you are working from home or supporting the community during this difficult time, we wanted to put together a list of resources which might provide you with some inspiration to keep yourself and the family entertained during lockdown.
Art and Crafts
- Creative Isolation offers a lovely roundup of activities and learning from a range of organisation
- #Drawwithrob every day on Twitter every Tuesday and Thursday at 10am.
- Surrey Arts Online Learning (SAOL) is a exciting new programme for teaching music lessons remotely.
- Take a virtual tour of the British Museum and explore two million years of human history and culture.
- Watch a different Shakespeare play every other Monday for free from your sofa.
- The National Theatre is providing online plays, free every Thursday during lockdown.
- Andrew Lloyd Webber is streaming his musicals online for Free every Friday.
- Feed your curiosity with Ted Ed animated talks.
- Dig into your family tree or local history with the Surrey History Centre
Exercise and wellbeing
- PE with Joe Wicks – Get the whole family moving! Joe Wicks posts a new video on his YouTube channel every morning at 9am.
- Live a healthier, happier, more well-rested life in just a few minutes a day with the Headspace app.
- The NHS website has online classes, which include aerobics exercise, strength and resistance, and pilates and yoga categories.
- Surrey CC has a Community Helpline on 0300 200 1008 which can put you in touch with a telephone friend if you don't have anyone to talk to.
- There is a range of support and advice on the Healthy Surrey web page which includes self-help resources, local services (including a 24/7 confidential helpline) and information for those with or dealing with an adult in crisis.
- Take a visual journey through some of the most impressive gardens in the world with your feet up and a cup of tea in hand.
- Gardening tips and advice from the RHS.
Keeping in touch
- Zoom is being widely used for families to get together. Free to use, for up to 40 minutes a day.
- Houseparty allows you to chat with up to seven people at a time.
- The National Theatre are holding brand-new virtual quizzes, on the final Monday, at 7pm of each month.
- Surrey Library Services: Join the library - now even easier for children and young people.
- Delve into today's newspapers and magazines from all over the world.
- Surrey Libraries' Reading Well – mental health self-help books recommended by GPs.
- Everyday scams: Surrey County Council Trading Standards guides suggest you visit the Citizen's Advice pages.