Working with parents and children across Surrey
Family Learning works in schools and children's centres across Surrey to deliver courses for parents and their children.
We offer free courses for families, which can help you with:
- Supporting your child's learning and development
- Improving confidence and self-esteem
- Preparing for future qualifications and employment
The courses we offer
Below are some of the courses we offer. For full details, please see our Brochure (PDF)
- Getting ready for nursery or primary school
- Story and craft sessions
- Early play
- Healthy cooking
- Keeping up with the children in English
- English for EAL families
- Keeping up with the children in maths
Take a look at the video below to see what Family Learning is all about and what other parents have to say about it.
- "The teacher was amazing, really friendly and made it a happy environment."
- "It has had a huge impact. I enjoy doing more writing and helping with my child's homework."
- "Made me feel more confident in helping my partner and I to support our young son in future with his nursery and school."
Take a look at our current course schedule by downloading What's going on in Family Learning (PDF) document, which is updated monthly.
To get more information about extending your learning, please download the Progression Leaflet (PDF).
If you are a current learner, we offer access to Kudos AD, an online career development service offering advice about careers and further training and development, as well as live job opportunities.
If you would like to know more, then please talk to your tutor about how you can get free access.
You can take a look at the Kudos AD overview here.
Interested in taking a course?
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 01932 794539
Find us on Facebook: facebook.com/surreyfamilylearning/
Follow us on Twitter: @Surrey_FL
Files available to download
- A guide to Family Learning courses including dates, times, venues and contact details (197.8 KB)
A guide to Family Learning courses including dates, times, venues and who to contact
- Family Learning Courses Brochure 2019-2020 (1.4 MB)
Family Learning brochure, including examples of flyers with information about the courses.
- Family Learning your next steps leaflet (633.4 KB)
Information about extending your learning, either by progressing to courses at a higher level or learning new skills.
- Learner Voice article November 2018 (531.3 KB)
An article written by our learner Sri Vijeta Amam to share her experience of Family Learning's courses.