Above: winning images 2017 Photography Competition, from left to right: Przemyslaw Krupinski, Joanna Fenning, and Roger Mendham
2018 Surrey Adult Learning (SAL) photography competition
Welcome to the Fourth Annual SAL Photography Competition. There are three categories this year: portraiture, landscape, and black & white.
A panel of SAL staff and tutors will produce a shortlist of the best photographs in each category, these images will then be posted onto our Facebook page, with the winners and runners-up chosen by popular vote.
Entry is free. Closing date is 21 May 2018.
- Black and white
The winning photos will be shown at the Summer Learners' Exhibition in June 2018 in Guildford.
The winner will receive a £100 voucher towards any SAL course.
1. This competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over, whether enrolled on any SAL course or not.
2. Your image should have been taken by you within the last 18 months.
3. The winning photos and runners-up will be exhibited at the Summer Learners' Exhibition at The Harvey Gallery in Guildford, they will also be featured on our social media channels and publications.
4. The winner will receive a £100 voucher for any SAL course.
5. Runners-up will receive a £20 voucher for any SAL course.
6. A panel of Surrey Adult Learning staff will shortlist the photographs before they are uploaded to our Facebook page for the public to vote.
7. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photography competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
8. Copyright for all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in the event of an image being shortlisted the entrant grants Surrey Adult Learning the rights for the photograph to be featured in Surrey Adult Learning publications both digital and in print.
How to enter
- Submit one image per category in hi-resolution jpeg (minimum 2048 x 1536 pixels) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 May 2018.
- Title your file in the following format: your name_title of the image.jpg (eg jessicasmith_surrey-hills.jpg).
- Please state which category your entries are for (so we don't get confused by black and white photos intended for the portrait or landscape categories).
- Include your name, mobile number and a contact email address with your entry.