Community and achievements
We support around 100 adults aged 19 and above each year with GCSE English and GCSE Maths courses, and we would like to share the fantastic results they have achieved.
We received a beautiful piece of written work from ESOL learner (English for speakers of other languages) Gusmelia Barretto Barrios.
During lockdown, a group of our Surrey Adult Learners have been competing in a fun, summer photography competition. The results were far ranging and a way to celebrate the positive aspects of lockdown.
At SAL one of our talented pottery and clay work tutors, Anamica Chauhan-Vince, has used her flair and ingenuity to engage the wider community on a community project.
As we are unable to hold our Annual Learners' Exhibition this year, we would like to share with you some of our learner's work that has been created at home.
Also in this section
- Sew Sew Scrubs; Answering the Call
- Completing an EPA during COVID - with a lot of resilience
- Surrey Adult Learning gets PPE together for front-line workers
- GCSE English and maths ceremony
- Celebrating Surrey Adult Learning apprentices graduating
- Distinction for Surrey Adult Learning’s first Customer Service Apprentice
- Art Learner finds his niche with the help of a Surrey Adult Learning course
- Maths and Mosaics Numeracy and creative art blended together bringing fantastic progression for learner
- Surrey Adult Learning digital photography learner gets published!
- Surrey Adult Learner Felicity has been awarded a place at Putney School of Art and Design.
- Opera singer learns Italian at the Camberley centre
- Surrey Adult Learning GCSE awards ceremony 2018
- Supported Learner nominated for the Festival of Learning 2019 awards
- Invictus Gold for Surrey Adult Learning tutor
- Surrey Adult Learning tutor showcase 2018
- Celebrating Suki Lowres
- Surrey supported learning open day 2018
- End of year learners' exhibition 2018
- A celebration of achievement at the Supported Learning Awards Ceremony 2018
- Surrey Adult Learning out and about in the community during the summer
- The Passport to Wellbeing Programme - a positive experience
- Learner Publishes First Book
- Let's Get Baking
- Artist’s reflections
- York Road Project Success
- Jo Fenning – Surrey Adult Learning photography competition 2017 winner (landscape)
- 2017 GCSE learner focus: Celebrating success with Dr Marjot
- Never too late to learn - adult learning for everyone
- A book of international recipes written in French
- Maths really matters
- Pottery learner discovers hidden talent
- Patchwork success
- Life model shares her experiences with Surrey Adult Learning
- Italian tutor cooks up delicious lesson for learners
- Spanish success for Heather with Adult Learning
- Impact of outreach work – Vaughan House at Christmas
- Supported Learning Award Ceremony
- Family learning GCSE success
- Guildford in Bloom achievement
- Creative writing learner gains scholarship for a Master's Degree