If you speak a different language at home, we have a choice of courses to help you learn to speak and write in English.
English for speakers of other languages (ESOL)
- For people planning to live and work in the UK permanently.
- Gain an ESOL qualification from beginner level upwards.
- Free for eligible learners
- Courses run at Camberley, Molesey and Esher Green adult learning centres.
Please see English for speakers of other languages.
English as a foreign language (EFL)
- For short-term visitors and temporary residents in the UK.
- Improve your English from Lower Intermediate to Advanced level.
- Courses run at Guildford Adult Learning Centre.
Please see English as a foreign language.
Still not sure?
Don't worry! We will help choose the best course for you. Come to any ESOL or EFL Information, Assessment and Guidance (IAG) session (see below).
- Tuesday 07 January 11am - 1pm
Book your place on Eventbrite at Camberley.
- Wednesday 08 January 10am - 1pm
Book your place on Eventbrite at Esher.
- Wednesday 08 January 11am - 1pm
- Thursday 09 January 11am - 1pm
Book your place on Eventbrite on either date at Molesey.
- Monday 13 January 2020 (EFL) 6pm - 7.30pm
- Wednesday 15 January 2020 (EFL) 10am - 11.30am
- Monday 20 April 2020 (EFL) 6pm - 7.30pm
- Wednesday 22 April 2020 (EFL) 10am - 11.30am
Please note there is no ESOL running at Farnham from January 2020 onwards.
If you miss the IAG session, please contact us on 0300 200 1044.
Our courses for non-native English speakers cover all aspects of English such as speaking, listening, reading, writing, pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary.
You will improve your English with support and feedback from a qualified teacher.
In all our courses, you will have the opportunity to improve your conversation skills and make new friends.