Working with parents and children across Surrey
Family Learning works in schools and children's centres across Surrey to deliver courses for parents and their children.
We offer free courses for families, which can help you with:
- Supporting your child's learning and development
- Improving confidence and self-esteem
- Preparing for future qualifications and employment
Covid 19 - Keeping in touch
During this period we have been sending out fortnightly 'Keeping in touch' bulletins to some of you, giving you ideas of things you can do with your children. Please let us know if you would like to be included on the circulation list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We have rapidly developed an online offer to support parents with the curriculum areas of maths and English as an additional language.
We also plan to extend support to parents who have previously attended Understanding Children's Behaviour courses.
If you are a school, Family Centre manager, home school link worker, outreach worker or a parent, please contact us directly with anything you think we may be able to help you with. Contact us at email@example.com
The courses we offer
Below are some of the courses we offer. For full details, please see our brochure (PDF)
- Getting ready for nursery or primary school
- Story and craft sessions
- Early play
- Healthy cooking
- Keeping up with the children in English
- English for EAL families
- Keeping up with the children in maths
Take a look at the video below to see what Family Learning is all about and what other parents have to say about it.
- "The teacher was amazing, really friendly and made it a happy environment."
- "It has had a huge impact. I enjoy doing more writing and helping with my child's homework."
- "Made me feel more confident in helping my partner and I to support our young son in future with his nursery and school."
Take a look at our current course schedule by downloading What's going on in Family Learning (PDF) document, which is updated monthly.
To get more information about extending your learning, please download the Progression Leaflet (PDF).
If you are a current learner, we offer access to Kudos AD, an online career development service offering advice about careers and further training and development, as well as live job opportunities.
If you would like to know more, then please talk to your tutor about how you can get free access.
You can take a look at the Kudos AD overview here.
Interested in taking a course?
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 01932 794539
Find us on Facebook: facebook.com/surreyfamilylearning/
Follow us on Twitter: @Surrey_FL