It's that time of year again when cold and flu viruses and diarrhoea and vomiting are more wide spread and can prevent you coming along to your course. There are a number of ways you can help yourself and your fellow Learners stay healthy at this time of year.
Three simple steps can help prevent cold and flu viruses from spreading:
- Catch it.
- Bin it.
- Kill it.
It's not always possible to avoid getting norovirus or the "winter vomiting bug", which causes diarrhoea and vomiting but following the advice below can help stop the virus spreading:
- Reduce contact with others until at least 48 hours after the symptoms have passed. Please contact the Customer Service Team on 0300 200 1044 so that a message can be passed to your Tutor to inform them you won't be attending your course.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water.
- Disinfect any surfaces or objects that could be contaminated.
- Wash any items of clothing or bedding separately on a hot wash.
- Don't share towels and flannels.
- Avoid eating raw, unwashed produce.
The NHS winter health risks web page has further information and also lists the 10 most common cold weather ailments.