Great opportunities to teach adults in Surrey!
Do you have a teaching qualification and teaching experience? Do you have a skill that you would like to share with others?
Join our team of tutors at Surrey Adult Learning, part of Surrey County Council.
Applicants are required to have a qualification in their subject, experience of teaching adults and hold a teaching qualification. Although not a requirement for this event, please feel free to bring your CV if you'd be interested in receiving informal feedback before applying.
Our current rate of pay ranges between £23.30 - £27.95 per hour, which includes a 14% annual leave entitlement.
We are looking for tutors in the following areas:
- English and maths (up to GCSE level). English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Arts and crafts - upholstery, tailoring, sculpture, pottery, mount cutting and picture framing.
- Computing and work skills – web design, Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Languages and Humanities - German, French, Spanish, Greek, Japanese, Italian, and Mandarin.
- Dance and exercise - General exercise, yoga, pilates, ballroom dance, and herbal medicine.
- General Studies - bridge, lip reading, mindfulness, meditation, and creative writing.
- Cookery - all types.
- Family Learning - ESOL, maths, English, cookery, early years and wellbeing across Surrey in schools and children's centres.
- Outreach - English, maths, art and crafts, IT, cookery and wellbeing to teach in community venues to vulnerable groups of adults involved with homeless hostels, ex-service organisations, Job Centre Plus, Older People's Community Mental Health teams and substance misuse and alcohol support.
- Supported Learning - working with adults with learning disabilities at Entry level.
- Passport to Wellbeing - working with learners recovering from mild to moderate mental health issues.
To make sure we have the right curriculum representative available on the day - please choose the ticket type related to the subject area you in which would like to teach.
Note we will have a short Welcome Address at 4pm and 5pm, therefore, please aim to arrive on time.
We look forward to seeing you then!
If you have further questions read more on our handy Tutor frequently asked questions page.