The fees for courses include the cost of tuition and the use of any basic equipment.
Some courses may have a sundries charge added to include the cost of additional or specialist material. Any sundries charge that is applicable to your course will be shown in the online course search. No discount can be given against the sundries charge.
On most courses, discounted fees are available for eligible learners.
The fees shown on our website and in our brochure are subsidised by a grant from the Skills Funding Agency
You will qualify for the subsidised fees if you are aged 19 years or over and:
- are a national of any European Union (EU) country or are the spouse, civil partner or child of an EU national and have been continuously resident in the European Economic Area (EEA) for at least the three years before the start of your course.
If you are over 19 years of age, you may claim a 50% discount on a maximum of two courses at the same time if, at the time of enrolment, you are in receipt of any of the following.
- Council Tax Benefit
- Carers Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Contribution-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Pension Credits (Guarantee Credit only)
- Working Tax Credit with gross annual household income of less than £15276 a year
We will need to see proof of receipt of your benefits. They must be dated no older than 6 months and valid for the duration of your course.
The 50% discount may also apply to the unwaged partners or dependants of benefit claimants. To qualify, you will need to supply proof of co-residence, eg council tax statement, when you enrol.
If you are 64 years of age and over and not in full-time paid employment on the first day of your course, you may claim a 15% discount.
If you require any further advice on our course fees or eligibility for discounts, the staff at our enrolment centres will always be happy to help.
Refunds and cancellations
See our policy on refunds and cancelled courses.
Most of our courses are subsidised either wholly or in part by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) and the European Social Fund (ESF). These organisations require us to collect information about our learners to monitor how their funding is being spent and to gauge the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policy.
Files available to download
- Surrey Adult Learning enrolment form 2017-18 (488.0 KB)
Surrey Adult Learning Enrolment Form
- Community Learning and Skills subcontracting policy 2016-17 (199.0 KB)
- Community Learning and Skills payments to subcontractors 2013-16 (107.0 KB)
- Fees policy 2017- 2018 (380.9 KB)
- Safeguarding & Safer Recruiting Policies 2017 (401.6 KB)
- Fees and discounts SAL 2017-18 (343.3 KB)
SAL discounts flow chart