Report a fault with street lights
- To report an electrical hazard or emergency, please call our Contact Centre.
- Report a non-emergency fault with a street light.
Enquiries about street lights
- To make an enquiry about street lights, please use the details on our Street Lights - Contact us page
Who maintains Surrey's street lights?
The majority of street and sign lights (over 90,000) are maintained by us. Others are owned and maintained by borough or district councils. For example council car parks or recreation areas, as well as some council or trust owned housing areas.
LED street lighting
We are considering whether to convert our existing lights to LED bulbs. Further details are available on the LED street lighting page.
Part-night street lighting
Some street lights in Surrey are turned off between 1am and 5am each morning. Further details can be found on the part night street lighting page.
In this section...
- Reporting an emergency with a street light, illuminated sign or bollard
- Street lighting faults and repairs
- Attaching items to street lights
- Specification and adoption details for street lights in new developments
- Street lights - Contact us
- Part-night street lighting frequently asked questions
- Part night street lighting
- LED street lighting