Work was completed on Friday 20 September. Thank you for your patience while we completed these essential works.
We will be reconstructing a section of the carriageway at Station Avenue, Walton-On-Thames, between Ashley Rise and just past 13a Station Avenue. The road will be closed for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for up to three weeks whilst we carry out deep excavation work. Our works will be carried out in two phases, if you need to use your vehicle during our work, please make alternative arrangements for parking, as due to the nature of our work, we cannot guarantee access to and from your properties.
- Start date: 9 September 2019
- Duration: up to three weeks
- Working hours: A road closure will be in place 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Work will be undertaken in two phases to minimise the impact on residents. The time scales indicated below should be referred as a guide only, as details are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Location: From the junction of Ashley Rise to the junction of Chilton Court
- Dates: 9 – 15 September (subject to change)
- Location: From the junction of Chilton Court to approximately 46mtrs past 13a Station Avenue
- Dates: 16 – 22 September (subject to change)
Access and parking
When work is taking place, access for residents in the work areas detailed above will be restricted. We will not be able to allow vehicle access to or from your properties and all on street permit and parking bays will be suspended for the duration of the works. We would therefore ask that you make alternative parking arrangements, otherwise your vehicle may be towed away to a nearby road.
For residents directly affected by the works, there may be opportunity to park your vehicles within the road closure area. This will be managed on a day-to-day basis by the team on site, and unfortunately cannot be guaranteed. Please do speak to the team and they will be able to advise you accordingly.
Pedestrian and cycle access will be maintained at all times. We realise that this will be an inconvenience to residents, however our on-site team will do their best to help you. Please do speak to them if you have any specific concerns.
Our work is sometimes delayed by bad weather and other unforeseen circumstances. We will try to keep you updated on any changes via the advance warning signs, on this page and on our roadworks map.
The diversion routes are as follows:
- Eastbound: B365 Ashley Road, A244 Ashley Road/High Street/Hersham Road
- Westbound: A244 Hersham Road/Ashley Road, B365 Ashley Road
Some bus services will be affected by these works. More information is available on the Temporary changes to bus services and road closures page.
Files available to download
- Station Avenue, Walton-On-Thames residents leaflet (429.0 KB)
Information about the road closure and carriageway reconstruction at Station Avenue, Walton-On-Thames