What are we doing?
We will be carrying out road safety improvements on Stanwell Moor Road as part of the Wider Staines Sustainable Transport Package (STP).
We will be working between Park Road and Horton Road.
The improvements include:
- Widening and resurfacing of the footway on the west side of the road between Park Road and Horton Road.
- Provision of a toucan crossing at the Park Road junction.
- Provision of a bus layby on the southbound approach to Park Road.
- Provision of bus shelters for both the northbound and southbound bus stops
Update 23 November
Works are currently concentrated on the west side of the northbound carriageway between Park Road and Horton Road.
Work is taking place under a lane closure. A temporary pedestrian pathway has been created within the lane closure.
- Vegetation clearance has been completed.
- Excavation of the existing footway is almost complete.
- Laying of the new concrete edges for the widened, shared use footway is almost complete.
These works are scheduled to start on Monday 12 November and are due to be completed in Spring 2019.
These works will take place under various lane closures. At most times, there will only be one lane closed in one direction, however, it might be necessary to close one lane in each direction when undertaking works such as road crossings - we will try to limit the disruption caused by multiple lane closures to no more than one or two days at a time.
Some works, including resurfacing, will require night time road closures. We will update this website to advise you of the dates of these closures.
Park Road Junction
Temporary 3-way traffic lights will control traffic at this junction for a period during these works. We currently expect the lights to be installed in January 2019. Once installed, the temporary traffic lights will be in operation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Monday - Friday: 7am - 7pm
- Saturday: 8am - 5pm*
- Sunday: 9am - 1pm*
*Weekend working will only be undertaken when necessary.