Update 30 December
These works will now start on Monday 11 January for 12 weeks.
Network rail are carrying out critical safety work meaning likely delays in the area. There will be lane closures on on Netherne Drive as well as the A23 from the Transport for London (TFL) boundary to the start of Dualling North of Hooley South, Reigate and Banstead. This is to prevent further railway bank slippage and subsequent train delays and cancellations if it is not carried out urgently.
Current plans are as follows
- Scheduled start date: 11 January for 12 weeks
- Working hours: five days a week: 8am - 6pm
- Netherne Drive will not be closed to traffic in any direction.
- At the junction of the A23 / Netherne Drive, we will close one lane southbound on the A23. This will be closed 24/7 throughout the duration of our works as this creates a working area for our operatives.
- The A23 / Netherne Drive Junction will be modified to keep two lanes of traffic northbound and southbound. However, the northbound right turn in to Netherne Drive will no longer be possible. Traffic will be diverted northbound on the A23 on the next roundabout to return south and turn left into Netherne Drive.
- The junction will be controlled by a set of temporary traffic lights.
- In order to bring material to site; between 10:00 to 14:00 Monday to Friday the temporary traffic lights on Netherne Drive will be positioned at the junction with Pretty Lane. At all other times the temporary traffic lights will be positioned at the junction with the A23.
- An operative will be on site monitoring the operation of the lights and traffic flow.
Expect delays at the temporary traffic lights and plan your journey accordingly.
For any additional questions or concerns, please visit www.networkrail.co.uk or telephone our 24-Hour National Helpline on 03457 11 41 41, quoting Netherne Drive Cutting Stabilisation Works.