Update 3 May 2019
We're pleased to say that the Meadows Roundabout improvement project has finished and our contractor is off site.
Over the coming weeks there will be some minor tweaks to the new permanent traffic light system while we fine tune it and make the connections to the nearby junctions. We expect the traffic lights to be fully linked by June.
To help improve our service we've created a short feedback survey. Your views are important to us and the information you supply will be passed directly to the teams involved in the work.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank drivers for their patience and feedback throughout the project.
This scheme aimed to reduce congestion and journey times at the Meadows roundabout near Camberley.
The works took less than a year to complete and included:
- Creating a new right turn from the A30 in Blackwater so drivers can head on to the A331 southbound towards Frimley and the M3 without using the main roundabout
- Lengthening the queuing lane for drivers approaching on the A331 from Frimley and the M3
- Installing new traffic lights with better timings so drivers can go around the roundabout in less time
- Improving the crossings for pedestrians and cyclists.
For further information please see the following:
- Meadows gyratory improvements (PDF)
- A331 Shared route April 2017 newsletter (PDF)
- Cycle corridor improvements Surrey Heath (PDF)
- Meadows improvements final e-newsletter
Frequently asked questions
Please follow the link below to view some of our frequently asked questions: