Work to reduce congestion and journey times at the Meadows roundabout near Camberley is due to get underway shortly.
Preparatory works by BT will start on week commencing 28 May and will run until the main works start at the end of June.
To minimise congestion and delays during the main works, most activity – such as lane closures – will take place at night. The preparatory BT works will mostly involve a lane closure on the A30 from Blackwater.
The works are expected to take about one year, and include:
- Creating a new right turn from the A30 in Blackwater so drivers can head on to the A331 southbound towards Frimley and the M3 without using the main roundabout
- Lengthening the queuing lane for drivers approaching on the A331 from Frimley and the M3
- New traffic lights with better timings so drivers can go around the roundabout with in less time
- Improving the crossings for pedestrians and cyclists
Please follow the link below to view the proposed improvements:
For further information please see the following:
- A331 Shared Route April 2017 Newsletter (PDF, 345 KB)
- Cycle Corridor Improvements Surrey Heath (PDF, 141 KB)
Ways to keep up to date
- There will be progress reports published on this webpage
- You can also get updates straight to your inbox by signing up for monthly e-newsletters. To receive these just enter your email address in the box below
- Follow @SurreyTravel on Twitter for updates
To keep up to date with the Meadows improvement project enter your email address below.