Project end date
We are now in the final stages of the Meadows improvement project. All works are expected to be completed, and the site clear by Tuesday 30 April.
On Wednesday 24 April the new traffic lights are due to be switched on. During that week, there may be timing changes and fine tuning of the new traffic lights. Once we are satisfied that the new lights are working correctly we will remove the temporary traffic lights. We would like to thank drivers in advance for their patience during the testing period.
The new right hand turn lane to the A331 southbound will be opened to traffic on the 24 April.
Meadows roundabout resurfacing works
From Monday 18 March to Friday 19 April there will be weeknight disruption at the Meadows roundabout while new road surfaces are laid and road markings are painted. Lane closures will be in place between 8pm and 6am with clear diversion signs.
Please drive with extra caution and look out for warning signs. The lanes which are closed will regularly change as the contractor moves around the roundabout, and there will be times where there are no road markings.
Following the recently completed resurfacing works, the white lines and road markings will be painted from Monday 8 to Friday 19 April.
The diversions will be short and will mostly direct drivers around the roundabout. For example, traffic travelling to Blackwater heading northbound on the A331 towards the Meadows will not be able to take the first exit (left turn) to the A30 London Road, but instead will be directed around the roundabout to join the A30 as shown in the picture below.
This scheme aims to reduce congestion and journey times at the Meadows roundabout near Camberley.
To minimise congestion and delays during the main works, most activity will take place at night.
The works are expected to take about one year, and include:
- Creating a new right turn from the A30 in Blackwater so drivers can head on to the A331 southbound towards Frimley and the M3 without using the main roundabout
- Lengthening the queuing lane for drivers approaching on the A331 from Frimley and the M3
- New traffic lights with better timings so drivers can go around the roundabout in less time
- Improving the crossings for pedestrians and cyclists
Please follow the link below to view the proposed improvements:
We will be working Monday to Friday throughout the day and night.
The works carried out during the day will mainly be along the pavement which will be closed. There will be a new narrowed lane layout, but all lanes will remain open.
The works being carried out at night will require two lanes to be closed. One lane will remain open at all times.
For further information please see the following:
- A331 Shared Route April 2017 Newsletter (PDF)
- Cycle Corridor Improvements Surrey Heath (PDF)
- Meadows Improvements e-newsletter issue 5
Ways to keep up to date
- There will be progress reports published on this webpage
- You can also get updates straight to your inbox by signing up for monthly e-newsletters. To receive these just enter your email address in the box below
- Follow @SurreyTravel on Twitter for updates
To keep up to date with the Meadows improvement project enter your email address below.
Frequently asked questions
Please follow the link below to view some of our frequently asked questions: