Update 30 January
Works are progressing well and the project is currently on track.
Day-time and night-time working started up again earlier this month. Working during the day as well as during the night is helping us keep the project moving.
We have completed the works to adjust the roundabout's pavements and the new pedestrian crossing points are in place.
The Wish Stream, which runs through the roundabout, has been cleared of vegetation and rubbish.
Work to reduce congestion and journey times at the Meadows roundabout near Camberley is progressing well.
To minimise congestion and delays during the main works, most activity – such as lane closures – will take place at night.
The works are expected to take about one year, and include:
- Creating a new right turn from the A30 in Blackwater so drivers can head on to the A331 southbound towards Frimley and the M3 without using the main roundabout
- Lengthening the queuing lane for drivers approaching on the A331 from Frimley and the M3
- New traffic lights with better timings so drivers can go around the roundabout in less time
- Improving the crossings for pedestrians and cyclists
Please follow the link below to view the proposed improvements:
We will be working Monday to Friday throughout the day and night. The most disruptive works, and lane closures will be carried out at night.
The works carried out during the day will mainly be along the pavement which will be closed. There will be a new narrowed lane layout, but all lanes will remain open.
The works being carried out at night will require two lanes to be closed. One lane will remain open at all times.
For further information please see the following:
- A331 Shared Route April 2017 Newsletter (PDF)
- Cycle Corridor Improvements Surrey Heath (PDF)
- Meadows Improvements e-newsletter issue 3
Ways to keep up to date
- There will be progress reports published on this webpage
- You can also get updates straight to your inbox by signing up for monthly e-newsletters. To receive these just enter your email address in the box below
- Follow @SurreyTravel on Twitter for updates
To keep up to date with the Meadows improvement project enter your email address below.
Frequently asked questions
Please follow the link below to view our frequently asked questions: