Location and duration
Location: D5527 Chase Lane and Tennysons Lane, Haslemere. D5524 Scotland Lane, Haslemere
Duration: 25 November 2019 to 16 February 2020 (no works taking place over Christmas)
Reason for works
Replacement of old iron gas main with new polyethylene (plastic) pipes along with associated service connections from properties onto the new main. As the iron gas mains have been in the ground for decades, they are reaching the end of their useful life span. The reason the old iron gas mains need replacing is due to fractures and corrosion of the pipe resulting in gas leaks which could result catastrophic consequences such as damage to buildings, severe injury or even, in extreme cases, death. The benefits of new PE (plastic) pipes are; Resistance to corrosion, saves energy, smaller risk of leakage and recyclable.
Extents of works
- Chase Lane, Haslemere - From the junction with Tennysons Lane to O/S Chase Cottage.
- Tennysons Lane, Haslemere - From the junction with Chase Lane to the junction with Scotland Lane.
- Scotland Lane, Haslemere - From the junction with Tennysons Lane for a distance of 240m westwards.
Phases of works/traffic management
- Phase 1: Chase Lane: 25 November 2019 – 08 December 2019 (road closure).
- Phase 2: Tennysons Lane: 06 January 2020 – 26 January 2020 (road closure).
- Phase 3: Scotland Lane: 27 January 2020 – 16 february 2020 (road closure)
Files available to download
- Chase Lane SGN works - Map (340.7 KB)
Map of SGN works on Grayswood Road, Haslemere