Update - These works are now complete
Thank you for your patience whilst we carried out these works.
Why we did the work
- A collision in 2017 in Bridge Street that killed two pedestrians resulted in a petition signed by 12,000 people asking to make the area safer.
- Analysis showed that there was a historic pattern of pedestrian casualties at the crossing points at the junction with Bridge Street and Onslow Street. We looked at several schemes, options and plans to improve safety.
- The key conclusion was that reducing speed by installing raised tables at the crossing points would reduce the risk of collision and severity of accidents.
To keep up to date with the Bridge Street and Onslow Street project enter your email address below.
Files available to download
- Bedford Road two-way map for Bridge Street works for Phase C (231.9 KB)
Map and description of the change of Bedford Road one way system during Bridge Street works phase C.
- A322 Bridge Street / Onslow Street Speed table works plan (169.1 KB)
The works phases for the Speed table work on Bridge/Onslow Street in Guildford
- Pavement diversion for phase A and B of the Onslow/Bridge Street works (212.3 KB)
Planned diversion for phase A and B of the Onslow/Bridge Street works
- Pavement diversion for phase D and E of the Onslow/Bridge Street works (216.4 KB)
Proposed pavement diversion for phase D and E of the Onslow/Bridge Street works
- Access plan for Bedford road during the Bridge Street works (199.6 KB)
The access map and plan for Bedford Road, Guildford during the speed table works.