13 and 16 August night time closure of the Woodbridge Road junction at Frankie and Benny's
9pm until 5.30am
We are on track to complete this work on time before the end of August.
What are we going to do?
We will be widening the pavement on Woodbridge Road in Guildford and making this a shared cycle path. We will also be replacing the protective wall on the bridge. Leaflet for the works (PDF).
These works started on 28 May in the May half-term and continue into the August school holidays.
These works will include a lane closure from Woodbridge Rd and Woodbridge Meadows. This will be in place 24 hours.
The U-turn facility on the A25 opposite Frankie and Benny's will be closed for the duration of the works; this is for worker and driver safety. There is not enough space on the road with the works to keep it open.
We will have two teams working back to back. This has been done to reduce the overall work time and impact on the area.
This scheme is part of the A25 cycle corridor, and this section completes the A25 south side network
How will this affect me?
- 28 May 24/7 lane closure between Woodbridge Road and Woodbridge Meadows
- 28 May 24/7 closure of U-turn facility on A25 Woodbridge Road
- Night time closure of Woodbridge Road (westbound) on the following dates
- 28 May
- 25 July
- 7 August to 22 August (week days only)
- Diversions to be put in place where needed
Guildford Town Centre Transport Package
This work is part of the Guildford Town Centre Transport Package. The package is jointly funded by Enterprise M3, Surrey County Council and Guildford Borough Council to improve sustainable transport options.
The benefits of the scheme are:
- Creates continuous 'commuter' cycle route for 2.5km
- Improved cycle access including Guildford Business Park and Ladymead Business Park
- Connects with Guildford North residential area/River Wey
More information can be found on our Guildford Town Centre Transport Package page.
Keep up to date
We will be issuing regular updates on this web page as the scheme progresses. Enter your email address below to keep up to date with the A25 Cycle works.
Files available to download
- A25 Woodbridge shared cycle route scheme information (544.1 KB)
- Guildford TCTP Business Case (1.3 MB)
Main document from the 2016 business case to Enterprise M3
- Unlocking Guildford information pack (page 1) (744.3 KB)
Part 1 of the information pack from the Unlocking Guildford public consultation in early 2018
- Unlocking Guildford information pack (page 2) (618.7 KB)
Part 2 of the information pack from the Unlocking Guildford public consultation in early 2018
- Unlocking Guildford information pack (page 3) (1.4 MB)
Part 3 of the information pack from the Unlocking Guildford public consultation in early 2018
- Unlocking Guildford information pack (page 4) (795.8 KB)
Part 4 of the information pack from the Unlocking Guildford public consultation in 2017