Location: A217 Brighton Road, Burgh Heath
Duration: 26 June 2017 to the end of March 2018
Update 9 February
SES Water will be carrying out further works to their mains water pipe on the A217 near the junction with Burgh Wood between 7th February and mid-April. A lane closure is in place just north of the junction of Burgh Wood and the A217 while they carry out their work.
Once all SES Water works are completed we can then prioritise the works to complete the Horseshoe crossing.
Reason for works
Installation of a new 500mm plastic water mains pipe as part of the directive from Ofwat to provide greater flexibility and resilience for distributing water to customers, particularly during periods of low rainfall and drought.
The 2.8 kilometre water mains pipe will be installed between the existing reservoirs at Burgh Heath and Nork. A detailed assessment of the route has been undertaken and environmental management measures agreed with stakeholders.
- 8 January 2018: work will begin again.
- 9 January 2018: Tattenham Way, junction with the A217 will be closed on the morning of the 9 January for approximately 4-5 weeks. We will confirm the end date as soon as possible. Please check here for updates.
- 22 January 2018: work will start again on Reigate Road.
- 26 June 2017 to end of March 2018: 24 hour Northbound Lane closure on Brighton Road from the junction with Reigate Road to the junction with Fir Tree Road with side road closures as required.
- 12 - 16 February 2018: A right turn closure of Garratts Lane will take place during the February half term when the south bound works (from just north of Garratts Lane to approximately Chipstead Road) will begin.
See the SES Water website for full details of the works, including a map, and for contact details if you have any enquiries about these works.