- Barnett Wood Lane closed 8pm – 5am, for one night
- Bypass closed in both directions 8pm- 5am for one night to change over working from northbound to southbound.
- Bypass lane closure southbound for three weeks
- Northbound all lanes open
- Barnett Wood Lane closed 8pm-5am, for one night
- South bound bypass closed 8pm-5am, for one night
Barnet wood lane is being closed as this road is below the bridge/parapet on the bypass and is being closed for access and workforce safety.
On Monday 19 August, we will begin replacing the safety barrier along the verges of A243 dual carriageway between the two M25 junction 9 roundabouts. This will include the replacement of the parapets over Barnett Wood Lane.
These works are expected to take six weeks to complete and include:
- Removing the old safety barrier which is at the end of its serviceable life
- Installing a temporary barrier which will remain in place until the new one is installed
- Installing a new permanent safety barrier which meets current standards
- Replacing Barnett Wood Lane bridge parapets to meet current standards.
24 hour lane closures
There will be one lane closed for three weeks along the Northbound carriageway and on the approaches to the M25 junction 9a roundabout (at the southern end of the bypass).
Following completion of this phase there will be one lane closed for a further three weeks along the Southbound carriageway and on the approaches to the M25 junction 9b roundabout (at the northern end of the bypass).
Further night-time road closures
The closure on the Northbound carriageway at the beginning of the scheme is to allow us to install a temporary barrier.
Both carriageways will then be closed three weeks into the scheme to allow the temporary barrier to be relocated to the Southbound carriageway.
A final closure of the Southbound carriageway will be required to remove the temporary barrier.
There will be periodic closures of Barnett Wood Lane at the M25 bridge whilst we install and remove safety measures to protect our workforce and the public.