This consultation has now closed. Find out what is happening with the consultation outcome in the section below.
Surrey County Council are consulting on proposed improvements to Bagshot village centre and the zebra crossings on Guildford Road.
A review of local development contributions has shown that funding is available to improve both areas and the County Council is now seeking the views of the residents before deciding which options will be progressed to the design stage.
As the possible funding sources are through development contributions, the conditions on the funds mean that the funding can only be spent on improving certain aspects. As a result, the options have been catered to meet those conditions.
The options being consulted on are:
- a) Village entrance gateway features
- b) Rationalising of the other signs and posts in the village centre
- c) Enhancement and unification of the street furniture (bollards, bin, planters, etc) in the village centre
- d) Reassessment of the 20mph speed limit signage
- e) Closure of one of the vehicle accesses around the memorial
- f) Extending the footway paving within the village centre
- g) Upgrade the zebra crossings on High Street and Guildford Road to include LED halos
Find out more
You can find out more about the proposals on our consultation leaflet (PDF).
In addition, we will be holding a public exhibition where the proposals will be on display at The Three Mariners, Bagshot. The plans will be on display on;
- Friday 17 February 2017 (2:30pm – 7.30pm)
- Saturday 18 February 2017 (10am – 2pm)
Volunteers will be on hand on both days to answer questions. In addition, a Surrey County Council Officer will also be in attendance on Saturday 18 February to answer any key issues that the volunteers may not be able to answer.
After the exhibitions have finished, the documents will also be on display for the remainder of the consultation period in the Bagshot Village Community Library.
Following the consultation which ended on 27 March 2017, a review was undertaken of the responses with the local County Councillor.
The responses showed support for options A, B, E and G. These options are currently being designed to determine the cost before a decision can be made on which ones are progressed at this time.