Skip to main content

Skip company registration

How do you apply to be a registered skip company?

You need to read all information before applying and you can apply to be a registered skip company:

  • By downloading and printing the PDF application form below and then fax or post it, along with the necessary documents to the address given on the form.
  • Online via the website.

Once we have received your completed application form, along with the necessary documentation, your application will normally be processed within 48 hours.

Please note once your company is registered you will be given a username and password, so that you can apply online via our website for a skip licence.

What documentation do I need to be a registered skip company?

To be accepted for registration, your company is required to supply the following:

Return to top

What are the conditions for being a registered skip company?

By applying for registration, the skip company is agreeing to comply with Conditions of Permission, which are part of the Highways Act Section 139 - control of builders skips.

Before applying, please read in full the terms and conditions of the Highways Act attached to the application form in the PDF below.

How much does it cost to be a registered skip company?

There is a fee of £97 to cover administration costs. Please send a cheque, payable to 'Surrey County Council', with your application form.

What if I wish to change my skip operators licence?

Please use the skip operator licence change application form on the website to make any changes, such as changing the name of your skip company. Alternatively, contact us directly to make any changes. There is no fee to change the licence.

What if I have any queries, concerns or complaints?

If you have queries, concerns or complaints about the registration process, you can contact us via our contact centre either online or by telephone. For further details on logging a comment, compliment or complaint, please see our website.

If you have any queries, concerns or complaints about the location or safety of materials on the public highway, please either contact us by telephone via our contact centre or report them online directly to us.

Files available to download