Skip to main content

Filming on the public highway

How do I make an application?

For information on filming on the public highway and to complete an application form, please go to the Surrey Film Office website.

Filming on Public Rights of Way

Surrey County Council does not require an application for filming on public rights of way, but consent should always be gained from affected landowners.

Check our interactive map to identify any routes that may be in the area of proposed filming.

Public rights of way must remain open at all times. If however, obstruction or interference to public access is unavoidable, then you will need to apply for a temporary path closure.