Report a fault with street lights
- To report an electrical hazard or emergency, please call our Contact Centre.
- Report a non-emergency fault with a street light.
Who maintains Surrey's street lights?
The majority of street and sign lights (over 90,000 units) are maintained by us. Others are owned and maintained by borough or district councils. For example council car parks or recreation areas, as well as some council or trust owned housing areas.
Part-night street lighting
Some street lights in Surrey are turned off between 1am and 5am each morning. Further details can be found on the part night street lighting page.
Routine street lighting maintenance programme 2017-18
We have an annual programme of routine maintenance for street lighting which involves checking, cleaning and keeping the street lights in working order.
We schedule several jobs in one day to minimise disruption and most of our work is carried out with a small amount of traffic management – it is usually completed within 10 minutes. Examples of this type of work includes bulk lamp changes, electrical testing, a visual inspection and checking for any other faults.
View the dates of work in your borough or district below. Those not listed will be allocated to a future programme.
Please note: the dates below are subject to change, please visit our roadworks page for the most up to date information on the works happening in your area.
|Borough/ district||Street lights due for maintenance||Start date||End date|
|Epsom & Ewell||6,798||7 September 2017||9 January 2018|
|Guildford||8,149||30 April 2018||11 December 2018|
|Reigate & Banstead||2,627||8 November 2018||25 February 2019|
|Spelthorne||6,042||22 November 2017||1 June 2018|
|Woking||354||9 January 2018||15 January 2018|
In this section...
- Reporting a street light emergency
- Street lighting faults and repairs
- Attaching items to street lights
- Specification and adoption details for street lights in new developments
- Street lights - Contact us
- Part night street lighting works timetable
- Part-night street lighting frequently asked questions
- Part night street lighting