The county council is producing Local Transport Strategies and Forward Programmes for each district and borough in the county. The purpose of these strategies is to support the growth set out within district and borough local plans and provide a programme of transport infrastructure required to deliver this growth. They also provide an evidence base for future funding bids.
The strategies are 'live documents' which we intend to update at regular intervals to ensure they remain relevant and current. They have been approved by Surrey's Cabinet and are part of the Surrey Transport Plan. Current, approved strategies are available to view at the bottom of this page in the 'Files available to download' section. A revised strategy for Reigate and Banstead is currently open to public consultation.
What is in a Local Transport Strategy?
Local Transport Strategies contain two main elements.
The main documents provide commentaries on the transport provision and transport problems in each district or borough. They also provide possible solutions to the identified problems.
The annex to each strategy contains a forward programme of transport infrastructure that we would like to see implemented in each district or borough, subject to funding. The forward programme would seek to address the problems identified in the main document of the strategy and mitigate the impact of future growth on the transport network.
The forward programme comprises short (two year), medium (three-six years) and long term (six years +) schemes and includes major (over £2m), intermediate (£250k to £2m) and local (under £250k) schemes.
You can view each of the Local Transport Strategies and Forward Programmes that have been developed to date in the 'Files available to download' section, below.
Reigate and Banstead Draft Local Transport Strategy Consultation
We recently consulted on a draft Local Transport Strategy and Forward Programme for Reigate and Banstead.
The consultation is now closed and responses are being reviewed.
You can email us at: email@example.com.
Files available to download
- Reigate and Banstead LTS December 2014 - Main Document (1.4 MB)
- Reigate and Banstead LTS December 2014 - Forward Programme (237.0 KB)
- Surrey Heath LTS December 2014 - Main Document Part 1 (1.4 MB)
- Surrey Heath LTS December 2014 - Main Document Part 2 (1.3 MB)
- Surrey Heath LTS December 2014 - Forward Programme (397.5 KB)
- Tandridge LTS December 2014 - Main Document (1.4 MB)
- Tandridge LTS December 2014 - Forward Programme (239.7 KB)
- Elmbridge LTS September 2014 - main document (1.1 MB)
Elmbridge strategy produced in 2014 describing key transport infrastructure and issues on the transport network in Elmbridge
- Elmbridge Forward Programme 2018 (live schemes) (280.4 KB)
2018 updated version of the Elmbridge forward programme providing a list of 'live' transport infrastructure schemes
- Elmbridge Forward Programme 2018 (completed schemes) (192.6 KB)
A list of transport schemes completed since the 2014/15 version of the Elmbridge Local Transport Strategy, updated in June 2018.
- Epsom and Ewell LTS September 2014 - main document (918.6 KB)
- Epsom and Ewell LTS September 2014 - forward programme (211.0 KB)
- Mole Valley LTS September 2014 - main document (958.4 KB)
- Mole Valley LTS September 2014 - forward programme (198.3 KB)
- Spelthorne LTS September 2014 - main document (1.6 MB)
- Spelthorne LTS September 2014 - forward programme (134.2 KB)
- Woking Borough LTS September 2014 - main document (966.9 KB)
- Woking Borough LTS September 2014 - forward programme (170.7 KB)