The county council is producing Local Transport Strategies and Forward Programmes for each district and borough in the county. The purpose of these strategies is to support the growth set out within district and borough local plans and provide a programme of transport infrastructure required to deliver this growth. They also provide an evidence base for future funding bids.
The strategies are 'live documents' which we intend to update at regular intervals to ensure they remain relevant and current. They have been approved by Surrey's Cabinet and are part of the Surrey Transport Plan. Current, approved strategies are available to view at the bottom of this page in the 'Files available to download' section. A revised strategy for Reigate and Banstead is currently open to public consultation.
Have your say on transport in Reigate and Banstead
Surrey County Council have drafted an updated Local Transport Strategy for Reigate and Banstead borough and have now opened these documents to public consultation.
This consultation process is an opportunity to help shape the future of transport in the area and we welcome input from interested individuals and organisations.
The documents are available to view here:
Once you have read these documents, please share your comments about Reigate and Banstead Draft Local Transport Strategy 2018.
Following the consultation, all comments received will be reviewed and amendments will be made to the documents where applicable. The final, approved documents will be published on this website.
Hard copies of the documents are available to view in person at:
- County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 2DW
- Horley Library, Victoria Road, Horley, RH6 7AB
- Redhill Library, Warwick Quadrant, Redhill, RH1 1NN
- Reigate and Banstead Town Hall, Castlefield Road, Reigate, RH2 0SH
Alternative formats of the documents can be made available. If you require an alternative format, or would like to contact us for any other reason, there are a variety of ways you can get in touch, please see our webpage: Contact our Roads and transport Service.
The consultation period will end on 27 May 2018.
What is in a Local Transport Strategy?
Local Transport Strategies contain two main elements.
The main documents provide commentaries on the transport provision and transport problems in each district or borough. They also provide possible solutions to the identified problems.
The annex to each strategy contains a forward programme of transport infrastructure that we would like to see implemented in each district or borough, subject to funding. The forward programme would seek to address the problems identified in the main document of the strategy and mitigate the impact of future growth on the transport network.
The forward programme comprises short (two year), medium (three-six years) and long term (six years +) schemes and includes major (over £2m), intermediate (£250k to £2m) and local (under £250k) schemes.
You can view each of the Local Transport Strategies and Forward Programmes that have been developed to date in the 'Files available to download' section, below.
You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Files available to download
- Reigate and Banstead Draft LTS 2018 - Main document (1.8 MB)
This is the main LTS document. It sets out the objectives and strategy for Reigate and Banstead. The strategy has been developed alongside planned growth in the Borough.
- Reigate and Banstead Draft LTS 2018 - Appendices (Including Forward Programme) (881.3 KB)
This document contains the draft forward programme for Reigate and Banstead.
- Reigate and Banstead LTS December 2014 - Main Document.pdf (1.4 MB)
- Reigate and Banstead LTS December 2014 - Forward Programme.pdf (237.0 KB)
- Surrey Heath LTS December 2014 - Main Document Part 1.pdf (1.4 MB)
- Surrey Heath LTS December 2014 - Main Document Part 2.pdf (1.3 MB)
- Surrey Heath LTS December 2014 - Forward Programme.pdf (397.5 KB)
- Tandridge LTS December 2014 - Main Document.pdf (1.4 MB)
- Tandridge LTS December 2014 - Forward Programme.pdf (239.7 KB)
- Elmbridge LTS September 2014 - main document (1.1 MB)
- Elmbridge LTS September 2014 - forward programme (270.2 KB)
- Epsom and Ewell LTS September 2014 - main document (918.6 KB)
- Epsom and Ewell LTS September 2014 - forward programme (211.0 KB)
- Mole Valley LTS September 2014 - main document (958.4 KB)
- Mole Valley LTS September 2014 - forward programme (198.3 KB)
- Spelthorne LTS September 2014 - main document (1.6 MB)
- Spelthorne LTS September 2014 - forward programme (134.2 KB)
- Woking Borough LTS September 2014 - main document (966.9 KB)
- Woking Borough LTS September 2014 - forward programme (170.7 KB)