Woodbridge Road transport improvements
We are proposing to implement a number of highway improvement schemes along Woodbridge Road, and Onslow Street, Guildford. This includes:
- An extension of the existing bus lane under the railway bridge to improve bus journeys.
- Changes to the operational times and days of the bus lane along the whole length of Woodbridge Road and Onslow Street - it is proposed to operate all day every day.
- Changes to the classes of vehicles that can use the bus lane - primarily, HGVs will be excluded.
- A proposed toucan crossing on Woodbridge Road near the junction of Wharf Road to help cyclists and pedestrian cross, this will close the gap in central reserve opposite Wharf Road.
- A new cycle route called the Guildford College Link+ is proposed between Bedford Wharf and Guildford College. This will cross Woodbridge Road at the toucan crossing mentioned above.
- To enable the introduction of the proposals described above, some changes to parking and waiting restrictions at various places along the road are also proposed.
The statement of reasons document available at the bottom of this page explains all of the changes we're planning to make and the reasons for them.
These proposals were advertised for public comment and objections in July / August 2020; we're no longer accepting feedback. Once we've considered the feedback received, we'll publish the final decisions and reasons for them on this page.
Files available to download
- Statement of reasons (PDF)
Document explaining the reasons for all of the proposals included as part of the Woodbridge Road area transport improvements