We recommend applying for a Blue Badge online because you will receive your badge faster.
- A friend, relative or representative can apply online on your behalf with your permission.
- You can immediately check that you are eligible.
- You can upload your photograph and documents.
- Pay for your badge by card and payment is only taken if your application is approved.
How to apply by post
You can only apply to Surrey County Council if you pay council tax to one of the districts or boroughs in Surrey. If you are unsure who to apply to you can check using the Gov.uk Postcode Checker.
Step 1: Download the relevant application form
You can download the PDF version of the appropriate application form below.
The forms and notes are also available from Surrey County Council libraries and from help shops and disability hub shops. Or if you are unable to download and print off our pdf versions of the forms, you can fill in our request form for a printed copy.
Step 2: Read the notes and complete the form
- Read the notes that come with the form to check that you are eligible for a Blue Badge.
- Please remember a representative, someone you trust can complete the form on your behalf but the information needs to be about you and you should sign the form.
Step 3: Gather your supporting documents
Please do not send us the original documents copies are acceptable.
You will need to send us some documents with your completed form. To prevent any delays, make sure that you have all of the following:
- Proof of identity (for new applicants only): such as a copy of a birth/adoption certificate or, marriage/divorce certificate, or civil partnership/dissolution certificate, or valid driving licence or passport. Copies of which need to be counter signed and dated by a professional person such as a pharmacist, a business professional, a member of a professional body. Stating that they have seen the original.
- Serial number of your current Blue Badge (if you have one).
- Proof of address: a copy of a document dated within the last 12 months with your address on it, such as a council tax or utility bill, or bank statement or prescription request.
- Any other documents that we have requested in the form that would prove your eligibility, and if you wish, you can also provide additional information from your doctor, occupational therapist or physiotherapist.
- Payment: a Blue badge cost £10. If applying by post you can only pay by cheque or postal order and they should be made payable to Surrey County Council. You cannot pay by card if you apply by post.
- Photograph: a passport sized colour photograph, taken within the last six months, that shows your face clearly.
You can also check the notes that accompany the application form for guidance about which documents are acceptable for proof of identity and proof of address.
Step 4: Send the form, payment and documents to us
Send your form, documents and payment to the Blue Badge Team. Please note if you do not send the appropriate documents and a cheque or postal order with your application form, your application may be delayed.
It will normally take between four to six weeks to process your application but often applications are processed quicker than this.
We will contact you if we need any more information or if you need a walking assessment. We will also contact you if your application was not successful.