Your Blue Badge application
- A Blue Badge is normally valid for three years and costs £10.
- The blue badge process can take around four to six weeks but it is often quicker than this.
- You can apply for yourself or on behalf of another person or organisation.
- The badge holder can use it in any vehicle, whether they are the driver or a passenger. It can be used throughout Europe.
- You will receive your badge faster if you apply online. Please see why apply online below, for more details.
Your Blue Badge is clearly printed with an expiry date, you should apply for a renewal six to eight weeks before your badge is due to expire. If we have your correct contact details, you will receive an automatic reminder from us eight weeks before your badge is due for renewal.
It is therefore important to tell us if any of your details have changed such as: your name, address, phone, email etc. Please include your Blue Badge reference number and expiry date with any correspondence.
If your badge has expired or if it is no longer required, please cut it up and dispose of it.
Continue your saved application
You can start and save your Blue Badge application online. You will be given a tracking number which will allow you to continue and submit your application within two weeks.
Any online applications that are not submitted within two weeks are automatically removed from the system.
Why apply online
You will receive your blue badge faster if you apply online. You can also:
- Immediately check that you are eligible.
- Upload your photograph and documents.
- Pay by card for your badge (payment is only taken if your application is approved). Please ensure you have a valid and up to date card.
We will contact you if you need a walking assessment, or if your application was not successful.
If you are unable to apply online, you can apply for a Blue Badge by post.
If you need to contact us, please provide us with your name and address and if appropriate your Blue Badge reference number.