Possible disruption during February and March 2019
Due to the Department for Transport making major changes to the Blue Badge online application system, there may be some disruption to normal service. We are working to minimise any impact on customers during this period. Please be aware our current turnaround time is around 5 to 6 weeks.
Your Blue Badge application
- A Blue Badge is normally valid for three years and costs £10.
- The blue badge process can take around four to six weeks but it is often quicker than this.
- You can apply for yourself or on behalf of another person or organisation.
- The badge holder can use it in any vehicle, whether they are the driver or a passenger. It can be used throughout Europe.
- You will receive your badge faster if you apply online. Please see why apply online below, for more details.
Your Blue Badge is clearly printed with an expiry date, you should apply for a renewal six to eight weeks before your badge is due to expire. If we have your correct contact details, you will receive an automatic reminder from us eight weeks before your badge is due for renewal.
It is therefore important to tell us if any of your details have changed such as: your name, address, phone, email etc. Please include your Blue Badge reference number and expiry date with any correspondence.
If your badge has expired or if it is no longer required, please cut it up and dispose of it.
Why apply online
Applying online can be faster and more secure, so apply online. You can also:
- Immediately check that you are eligible.
- If you are receipt of DLA or PIP Blue Badge automatic eligibility, your application is simpler and quicker online.
- Upload your photograph and documents or if you are unable to upload them you can send them separately by post or email.
- Once you have applied online, you can pay for your Blue Badge by sending a cheque for £10 to the Blue Badge Team. Cheques should be made payable to Surrey County Council. Online payments with a debit/credit card will resume shortly.
We will contact you if you need a walking assessment, or if your application was not successful.
If you are unable to apply online, you can apply for a Blue Badge by post.
If you need to contact us, please provide us with your name and address and if appropriate your Blue Badge reference number.