We collect, store and provide information regarding Surrey's highways. This information is used internally, by other government agencies, and externally – usually during the conveyancing process. The main areas of business that we cover are:
- Highway transportation and common land questions on local searches (Con29 forms)
- Highway boundary confirmation
- Advice about highway adoption and adoption agreement status
- Highway rights, classification and length
- Confirmation of definitive rights of way routes
- Removal of public rights over roads and highway land.
There is normally a charge payable for answering enquiries. Our current list of charges contains the prices for each type of enquiry we deal with. Payments for enquiries can be made using our online payment form.
Our frequently asked questions page gives more details about which enquiries we can help you with as well as details of who can help you if we can't.
How to contact us
Highways Information Team
Surrey County Council
Telephone: 0300 200 1003
DX 31509 Kingston Upon Thames
DX delivered to County Hall, Kingston. First class to postal address above will be quicker.