Free bus pass applications
Applicants are advised that due to reduced capacity and staff resources you are being encouraged to apply online only.
Please do not go into libraries to process bus pass applications
Free bus pass expiring?
Older persons concessionary bus pass expiring
If your Older persons bus pass is due to expire you will automatically be sent a new replacement with an expiry extension of 12 months.
You will be required to renew when your automatic replacement is approaching expiry.
Please let us know if you have changed address by e-mail to email@example.com
If you do not have e-mail or someone that can e-mail us on your behalf please call 0300 200 1009
Disabled persons concessionary bus pass expiring
If your Disabled persons bus pass expires before the 12 September 2021 you have been automatically sent a new replacement with an expiry extension of 6 months.
If your Disabled persons bus pass expires after the 12 September 2021 we will post a letter to you reminding you to reapply when your bus pass is approaching expiry. Please reapply up to 8 weeks before your bus pass expires.
To reapply for your pass you need to provide proof of your disability. This means documentation that is valid and current on the date of application. We recommend that you reapply for your pass well in advance of the expiry date to ensure that you can use your bus pass without disruption.
We have published details of the 7 categories and the acceptable documents to provide proof online. Please ensure that correct and full page images of documents are included as incorrect proof will delay your application.
If you are reapplying for a Companion Permit (identified by a +C on your pass), please see our web pages for acceptable documents to support your application.
- You can quickly reapply for your pass online.
- If you are unable to access our website to use our online self-service reapplication, please call the Contact Centre on 0300 200 1009 or for hearing deaf or hearing-impaired residents, text on 07860 053465
- You can reapply for your disabled bus pass by sending copies of your proof of disability to the following address: Free Bus Pass, Strategic Transport Group, Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road, Woking GU22 7QQ. You will also need to include your reapplication reminder letter (or a cover letter from you). Please be advised that this option could take up to 28 days to process your application.
New application for a free bus pass?
- Free bus passes for older people – allowing free travel on buses for eligible Surrey residents
- Free bus passes for disabled people – allowing free travel on buses for eligible Surrey residents
If you are unable to access our website to use our online self-service, please call the Contact Centre on 0300 200 1009 or for hearing deaf or hearing-impaired residents, text on 07860 053465