Many bus services in Surrey are running at a reduced level and in some cases have been suspended.
The 'normal' timetables shown on our main area timetable pages on this website should be disregarded for routes listed below, in favour of those shown on this page. For safety reasons, our mobile inspectors are currently unable to post new timetables for the temporary changes at bus stops.
Whilst known information and revised timetables will be published on this page, if in doubt it is suggested that you visit the operator website or social media before travelling. There may be further changes at short notice, so also check this page regularly. Bus timetable information is also available from Traveline - www.traveline.info/se or call them on 0871 200 2233, 0700-2200 (calls cost 12p per minute plus your phone company's access charge)
What is happening to bus services?
Surrey bus operators are following the latest guidance issued by the government. Before travelling please take a moment to read the latest government advice for passengers: Coronavirus (COVID-19): safer travel guidance for passengers
Poster: Social distancing on buses (PDF)
The reduced services align with government travel advice that you should not use public transport except for essential journeys. A very significant reduction in passenger journeys and fare income for bus operators mean that an appropriate balance has been necessary between safeguarding services that are important for key worker travel or essential shopping, the availability of drivers and what is sustainable for bus companies, to ensure they survive on much-reduced income so as to be ready for when life returns to normal.
Bus operators are receiving substantial financial support from Surrey County Council and from central government, until June 2020, to help them through this difficult time. Beyond that date is subject to review as circumstances may change. To protect the public and bus company staff, extra strict cleaning regimes and driver-shielding measures have been adopted with social-distancing on-board being encouraged. Some operators are no longer giving change and all are encouraging payment by contactless card where this is an option.
Bus service levels may be reviewed as and when government travel advice alters. A change to the current 'lock-down' guidance may not necessarily mean that travel restrictions will all be lifted or service levels increased.
To assist the elderly and disabled who may be travelling by bus to go to supermarkets which are offering special early morning shopping facilities, the bus operators in Surrey are allowing free travel for holders of concessionary passes before 9.30am.
In general, it is expected that any services or journeys which would normally run on school days only, will not operate from 23 March. Therefore, any route still operating a Monday-Friday service will be to the school holiday version.
- Compass Bus
- Falcon Buses
- White Bus
- All other bus operators
Further changes from 31 May:
Revised timetables for services 3, 18, 34, 35, 36, 37, 53, 63, 91, 436, 479 and A from 31 May, with improved services on Mondays to Fridays. Services C and 101 remain suspended.
Sundays will operate to normal timetables on the above-listed services and also on 3 Guildford - Bellfields
- Compass Bus 23/25: Will not operate from 24 March
- Compass Bus 24: Will not operate from 24 March
- Compass Bus 26: Will not operate
- Compass Bus 32 (PDF): Will run to a special timetable, every two hours
- Compass Bus 42: Will not operate from 24 March
- Falcon Buses E5 (PDF) – (From 6 April) Special timetable operating Monday to Friday only, no Saturday service
- Falcon Buses E16 (PDF) – (From 6 April) Special timetable operating Monday to Friday only, no Saturday service
- Falcon Buses 28 (PDF): Will operate every two hours - No service on Saturdays
- Falcon Buses 73 (PDF): Will operate every two hours - No service on Saturdays
- Falcon Buses 431: Will not operate
- Falcon Buses 408 (PDF) - (From 8 April) Special timetable operating Monday to Friday. Buses will operate between Epsom and Cobham Sainsbury's, Effingham will not be served.
- Falcon Buses 456 (PDF): Will operate hourly in peak hours and every two hours in the off-peak period - No service on Saturdays
- Falcon Buses 461 (PDF) From 3 April: Will operate from Kingston to Addlestone and will be extended to St. Peter's Hospital, to replace service 431.
- Falcon Buses 514/515 (PDF): Will operate hourly in peak hours and every two hours in the off-peak period. Service 515 will NOT operate between Brooklands Tesco and Addlestone - No service on Saturdays
- Falcon Buses 564 (PDF): Two round trips will not operate - see timetable attached - No service on Saturdays
- Hallmark Connections 458 Mon-Fri (PDF), Sat (PDF), Sun (PDF): Hourly service Kingston-Staines every day
- Hallmark Connections 555 Mon-Fri (PDF), Sat (PDF), Sun (PDF): Reduced service every two hours every day
- Hallmark Connections 461 evenings/Sundays and 557 are unaltered
Please visit the Metrobus website for their emergency timetables from 1 June
Further changes from 1 June:
- Metrobus 20 – Revised special timetable
- Metrobus 21 – Normal timetable restored
- Metrobus 22 – Special Monday to Friday timetable
- Metrobus 93 – Revised special timetable Monday to Saturday, normal Sunday timetable restored
- Metrobus 100 – Revised special timetables in operation. Gatwick North stop omitted due to closure of terminal
- Metrobus 231/233 – Normal services restored
- Metrobus 281 - Special timetable on Mondays to Saturdays
- Metrobus 291 - Revised special timetables on Mondays to Saturdays, normal Sunday timetable restored
- Metrobus 318 - Normal service restored
- Metrobus 420 - Revised special timetable on Mondays to Fridays, normal Saturday and Sunday timetables
- Metrobus 430/435 - Revised special timetable on Mondays to Fridays, normal Saturday and Sunday timetables
- Metrobus 460 - Revised special timetable on Mondays to Fridays, normal Saturday and Sunday timetables
- Metrobus 480 - Revised special timetable on Mondays to Fridays, normal Saturday and Sunday timetables
- Metrobus 820 - Revised special timetable on Mondays to Fridays, normal Saturday and Sunday timetables
- Metrobus E9 – Normal service restored
- Metrobus E10 – Normal service restored
- Safeguard Coaches 3s : Revised timetables from 1 April
- Safeguard Coaches 4 and 5: Revised timetables from 1 April
Further changes from 31 May:
Some services will be increased on Mondays - Saturdays from 31 May. See these timetables for all services operating.
- 13+23 Stagecoach Emergency Timetable (PDF)
- Aldershot (M-F) Stagecoach Emergency Timetable (PDF)
- Aldershot (Sat) Stagecoach Emergency Timetable (PDF)
- Aldershot (Sun) Stagecoach Emergency Timetable (PDF)
- Guildford (M-F) Stagecoach Emergency Timetable (PDF)
- Guildford (Sat) Stagecoach Emergency Timetable (PDF)
- Guildford (Sun) Stagecoach Emergency Timetable (PDF)
Guildford Park & Ride services 100, 300 and 400 remain suspended but service 200 (Artington) will operate in accordance with this timetable
- Southdown Buses: Saturday timetables on Monday to Friday (There will therefore be no service on route 485 or on route 357 between Selsdon and Redhill, but 357 will run between Redhill and Reigate)
- Southdown 236 (PDF) service will operate to a special timetable operating every 2 hours
- White Bus 48: Will not operate
- White Bus 81: The journeys before 0715hrs will not operate
- White Bus X94: Will not operate
- White Bus 437:The only journeys will be: 0855 and 1035 Woking to Brooklands Tesco and 0945 and 1120 Brooklands Tesco to Woking. Monday-Friday only, no other journeys will operate.
- White Bus 438: The last journey will be 1300 Staines to Royal Estate. Later journeys will not operate
- White Bus 441 (PDF): Will run to a reduced timetable
- White Bus 446: No changes
- White Bus 456: Sunday service will not operate
- White Bus 462/463: The only journeys will be 0720 (Monday-Friday), 0730 (Saturday), 1050 and 1250 Woking to Guildford and Guildford to Woking at 0850, 1150 and 1350. No other journeys will operate
- White Bus 500: Will not operate
- White Bus 566/567: The last journey will be 1330 from Staines to Knowle Hill and back. Later journeys will not operate
All other bus operators
- Bear Buses 305 (PDF): Revised timetable on Mondays to Fridays but Saturday service is not operating
- Carlone Buses 442: Sunday timetable will operate every day (From 30 March). There is also a special shoppers bus (PDF) from Stanwell area to Ashford Tesco on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Carlone Buses X442: Will not operate (From 30 March)
- Cobham Chatterbus C1, C2: Will not operate
- Coachpoint (PDF): Special free shoppers service from Windlesham to Bagshot and The Meadows on Wednesday 8 April
- Compton Community Bus ('Compo') : Will not operate
- Courtney Buses 194 (PDF): Monday-Saturday evening journeys will not operate
- Revised, improved timetable from 30 May First Beeline 8 (PDF) to operate every 30 minutes Mondays to Fridays. Reduced timetable to run Saturdays and Sundays.
- National Express: 030 and 925: Are not operating
- Transport for London (London Buses): Saturday timetables on Monday to Friday
- Runnymede Community Transport 457 and 556: Will not operate
- Waverley Hoppa: Bus services 504, 505, Farnham area Demand-Responsive service and all other Hoppa services are not operating.
Files available to download
- Social distancing on buses.pdf (134.8 KB)
Help keep our buses safe during the Coronavirus pandemic