If you're a parent of or work with young people in Surrey you may be interested to know about activities going on that can help them fulfill their potential.
The Duke of Edinburgh Awards
Taking part in The Duke of Edinburgh Awards can help young people develop their skills for life and work. We've got plenty of advice whether you're a parent or a carer of someone doing the awards, you're taking part or you're one of our award leaders.
Youth centres and projects
Local youth centres are good for keeping young people active through high quality activities for all young people – local projects include drop in sessions, theatre, music and the arts, lads nights, ladies nights, summer activities, residential visits, a youth café and more. Find out what's available where you live by using 'Find My Nearest' on Surreyi.
With 23 of 31 full time youth centres in Surrey having already achieved the National Youth Agency Level 1 Quality Mark, and the rest expected to follow in 2014, you have confidence that their activities will enhance young people's personal and social development.
Surrey Outdoor Learning and Development
If the great outdoors appeals to your child Surrey Outdoor Learning and Development (SOLD) may be for them. It helps young people develop and learn more about themselves through taking part in outdoor experience programmes in Surrey and beyond.
- See the Active Surrey website for news, clubs, workshops, facilities, and much more.
- Find out about the P&G Surrey Youth Games - an event offering free sports coaching for 7-16 year-olds, culminating in a weekend of competition.
- Surrey Outdoor Learning and Development- including sailing, archery, and mountain biking.
- Young Officials on the Youth Sports Trust website.
- MEND programmes for children - fun courses to help families with children over a healthy weight to manage their weight better and lead healthier lives, on the MEND website.
- Surrey Arts - music, dance and drama.
European Youth Experience
EYE SPI is a series of packs enabling young people to plan their exploration of some of Europe's most famous cities - Brighton, London and Paris. They can be used by schools, summer groups, youth groups, families, friends…anyone! European Youth Experience.
Voluntary youth organisations
The Surrey Youth Focus website provides details of a whole host of voluntary youth organisations across Surrey, that provide activities and services young people may be interested in.